Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Devotion 2.19.15

Today, Shawn Haseloff  shares Psalm 27:1 with us.  Shawn is a member of Hope Lutheran in Lubbock.  Here is the verse and his reason why it is one of his favorites:

Mine is Psalms 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation of whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strong hold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?"

This was my confirmation verse. It just gives me comfort in knowing that no matter what, my Lord is my salvation, and that he is in control and not to fear whatever this life throws my way. I even have it tattooed on my back under the Lutheran cross (the Missouri Synod logo cross - oh yes he does).

We pray that when we are weak or tempted, we turn to Christ, our stronghold.  Help us remember that Christ is our stronghold during this season of Lent and to remember this during our days to come as we go through life.

Hope Men's Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment