Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Devotion 9.21.16

Pastor returned today. 

"By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it." -1 Corinthians 3:10. 

I love to build things. When I'm mentally or even emotionally tired, building something with my hands can really recharge my brain. Or perhaps let rest a little from stress.  To me, there is nothing better than standing back and looking at accomplishments that come from my own hands. So, when there's a project to be done... No problem, I'll do it. If someone destroys my mailbox out front, just another opportunity to distress.  (This really happened).

But I wonder how I would feel if after all my prep work on a project someone else would come behind and finish the work and claim the success. Perhaps that would frustrate me, or relieve me. Depending on the project.  

Paul, speaking to the Corinthian church, encouraging them to grow in their faith reassures them of their foundation in Christ. Christ is the foundation, but Paul is the agent that laid the foundation of Christ in their lives. Apollos, another follower of Jesus, is the one who came later and built upon that foundation.  Paul doing the legwork.  Apollos doing the fun stuff of building and growing.  What amazes me most is that God uses people to lay that foundation and build upon it.  People like you and me. 

Hope Men's Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment