Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Devotion 3.11.15

From Rob Hiner, member Hope Lutheran.

I have given my favorite verse some thought and have decided that the verse most often in my mind and recited in my thoughts most often these days is an old favorite of many.  The 23 Psalm. 

In these times where every day we can feel like we are  "Walking through the valley of the shadow of death", we need to remember who is in charge and know that His rod and staff are mightier than even the greatest army. In remembering the Psalm, I am able to go to my place of mental comfort.  My "green pasture", and "still waters".  Despite how troubled the world seems (is it really more troubled or do we simply have much more access to world news), have peace in the knowledge that a place has been prepared and "I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever". 

As you bring this Psalm to memory may you find this peace as well.

We ask that God continue to remind us that he is with us in all aspects of our lives, even in the valley of the shadow of death.  We are reminded that we fear no evil because God is with us.  Give thanks for his presence and for the peace of his presence.

Hope Men's Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment