Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Devotion 3.4.15

From Eric Hiner, pastor of Hope Lutheran Lubbock.

Mark 9.24 - Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!"

“I believe; help my unbelief.”  "I love this verse because it reminds me of the constant struggle I have with faith and life.  I strive to be faithful, but fully recognize my inability to adequately do it.  In my faith, there are still moments I don’t rely on God, or trust in him.  I would even say that my unbelief drives thoughts and actions instead of God at times.  That is not to say that I don’t have faith.  I do.  But even in my faith, I struggle."
 
We all struggle with our faith from time to time.  We ask that Christ be with us in our struggles and to strengthen us daily, in strength and in struggles.
 
Hope Men's Ministry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment