Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Devotion 7.1.15


An Intentional Savior, An Intentional Faith
I find it interesting when I think about the things that I am or have been really intentional about and the things that I am not.  For instance, when I was in college, I had a goal.  In football, I wanted to be the best at my position so I knew the things that I needed to do in order to give the best opportunity to achieve that; running harder, lifting more, learning my plays.  I wanted to go to seminary, so I was intentional about the classes I took; Greek, Hebrew, Philosophy, etc…  I knew what I wanted at that point in life and I was intentional about trying to achieve that. 
We are often this way with our careers, with our families, with our hobbies.  But are we this way with our life with Christ?  How often have you stopped and thought about the things that you need to do in order to be a stronger example of your faith?  A better witness to the life Christ called you to live?  A more devoted follower of Jesus?  I believe that for most of us, we live each day as it comes.  We may throw in a healthy exercise of reading the Bible, coming to church, sharing with others.  But I wonder if we can be more intentional about it. 
That is what the Summer of Health is meant to be.  An opportunity to reflect on your life and examine your physical, mental, and spiritual health while being intentional about how that health interacts with your life of faith.
I think of how intentional God was when he thought of us… “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son…”  As God had a plan for saving our lives from the beginning of time, I think it is healthy for us to have a plan on how we can more intentionally live our lives for Jesus.
Pastor Eric Hiner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment