Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Devotion 2.10.16

Tonight we begin our Lenten journey under the theme "Control. Alt. Delete."  That combination on your keyboard brings up options that can include a restart.  Do we ever have a need for that in our own lives?

I'm not sure about you, but one more sighting of "puppybabymonkey" (Super Bowl Mountain Dew ad that featured a character that was part pug-head, monkey torso, baby legs in diapers) will make me wish I could go back to Saturday and petition a protest that resulted in its removal.  It's part ridiculous and part silly. It must have an audience, but I was not part of it.

Yet, in God's eyes, without Christ I'm equally disfigured.  In fact, "puppybabymonkey" might be an improvement over the disfigurement caused by my sinful nature.  Yet, as Paul writes in Romans 7, "Wretched man that I am!  Who will deliver me from this body of death?  Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Christ delivers us from our sinful nature in God's eyes.  We lift a prayer of thanks to God for his Son and the cure he provides for our sinful nature.  Our journey begins as we focus on the cross.

Hope Men's Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment